On Saturday, February 4th we tested our BPM-5 rocket engine.
As something new, we used our pressurization system actively by changing the engine chamber pressure along the way. We tried to keep the O/F ratio constant and change the feed pressure so the chamber pressure would increase.
We would then be able to map the O/F ratio and chamber pressure with just a few tests.


Published by Rasmus Agdestein on

1 Comment

vincent · 14th February 2017 at 9:51 pm

Looks like the combustion is very stable, congratulations!

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related Posts

Blog

BPM-5 with swirlers ?

Dear readers, The first 100 days in the BPM-100 project has come and gone. And no, unfortunately we haven’t got a working engine here in the workshop. We’ve decided to be a little more thorough Read more…

Videos

An update on our BPM100 Engine for the manned Spica rocket

This is an update on our next generation of rocket engines, the BMP100, which will propel our manned Spica rocket above the edge of space. Here we discuss our current progress on the engine design Read more…

Blog

Swirlers

As you probably remember, our BPM5 engine uses a relatively simple injector technology. Simple in the way that it is a cylindrical disc with a whole lot of holes in which leads fuel and LOX Read more…